About Cleartext Systems
Cleartext Systems helps software vendors and reseller partners take security and compliance led information, communications and collaboration technology to market.
We work with a small number of best in category vendors to deliver solutions via third party suppliers such as IT Services companies, Value Added Resellers (VAR's) and specialist consultants.
Some key milestones from 1996 to today...
- Cleartext founded in 1996, designs and builds a secure encrypted instant messaging client server software product called CipherIM for which is was awarded a (Cryptographic) General Export Licence in 2002.
- Cleartext was the first MSP (managed service provider) to market with a combined hosted mailbox and managed email security offering, called ClearEmail, in 2005.
- An early adopter of the Carbon Neutral business model, Cleartext went carbon neutral in 2007 with Carbon Planet auditing us and providing the carbon offsets.
- In 2010 the company designed, built and deployed an Enterprise IM and Social Media aggregation platform using the XMPP protocol called Cleartext ESM. This enabled enterprises to filter and archive IM and social media posts. We picked up an Adobe MAX Honourable Mention for this platform in 2010.
- In 2013 the companies focus changed to Value Added Distribution (VAD) specialising in communication & collaboration solutions communication & collaboration solutions with a data security and compliance focus.
A more detailed company history is available here
Honourable Mention at the Adobe MAX Awards
For our cross-platform (Windows and Mac) desktop IM and microblogging (Twitter) app and corresponding application server for business use at the 2010 global Adobe MAX Awards competition.
Cleartext was selected as a leading global real time communications company being listed on ReadWriteWeb’s Top Companies in 2009 and 2010.
Cleartext is based west of London and ideally placed to service companies in the M4/M40 corridor, and greater and City of London. Our services are available globally online.
Cleartext Ltd is trading as Cleartext, Cleartext Systems and Ingenuity Systems. Registered UK company number 07815947. VAT Number 124 / 383821
All software services are delivered electronically within 14 days of initial order.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations of services require 30 days’ notice; refunds are pro-rata to the nearest month.
Company Number 07815947
UK VAT Number GB 124 3838 21
DUNS Number: 21-751-0836
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
Click to view our certificate.
Data Protection Registration
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration reference:
Click to view our certificate.
The Cleartext Systems roundel, a stylised cross section of a communications cable, was first used in 2008 for a company wide re-brand in black and orange. The font used, Kabel, was designed in 1927 by Rudolf Koch for the Klingspor foundry. It was christened Kabel as a testament to the newly built trans-Atlantic cable.
For the tenth anniversary of our re-launch in 2005 we are in 2015 re-introducing the logo in our green and black colours.